Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Kiri eleison

Kiri is done! Second Kiri Shawl I've knit, this time in Fleece Artist Blue Face Leicester in their Ivory colorway...it's a christening shawl for my best friend's impending clone...


Couldn't initially figure out why this one seemed to be taking so much longer, but then I realized I'd done 3 additional repeats...so it's nice and big...not huge, but about 6' wingspan...first time I got to use my lace blocking wires too...still a bit of a pain to get the knitting on the wires but then pinning it to the board goes much faster and a lot straighter...
Just cast on the Cactus Flower Sweater from Knitty.com...

And a quick finished object...lengthwise scarf out of a ball of Be Sweet's Magic Ball in the Nemo's World colorway...nice way to spend an hour...

3 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what pretty purpley yarn you have. mmmmm, purple yarn! *drool*

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger fleegle said...

That purple yarn is delicious! And your shawl is stunning!

Thanks for the hint about Jocelyn's. You are right--I went and looked at the samples. I am surprised I didn't notice it before, but then, I am not crazy about their colorways, so I didn't do a close inspection.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

The Kiri is beautiful. A Kiri was my first lace project--just about killed me but I got it done. I like the look of yours--looks to be a bit heavier yarn than I used.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home