Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Shuffling off to Buffalo

The Heartland Shawl in fingering weight buffalo down yarn is done and blocked (just need to weave in those pesky ends). It's sort of difficult finding a good place to hang it to get a good shot...


All in all, a satisfying pattern to knit...very clever to make a lace pattern resembling buffalo hoof tracks. The buffalo yarn blooms nicely after washing and can be blocked fairly aggressively...very very soft and I'm a big fan of rich brown so the lack of color options wasn't a concern for me. I added 1 additional repeat of the main lace pattern as I'm tall and wanted a slightly larger shawl. If I use this pattern again in another yarn, I'd probably add a few more repeats.

6 Comments:

At 6:56 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love that the pattern has hooves. :-)

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Knitting Ewe said...

So beautiful, BRAVO!

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

Love it... must get the pattern.

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger nicolina said...

gorgeous! congrats!

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

It is sooo gorgeous!! :)

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Ron said...

Truly beautiful work.

I am quite impressed, and hope you enjoy the yarn as much as we love making it.

Congrats, and thank you for everything!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home