Friday, July 21, 2006

Tutti Frutti

Just a quick update since I've been lacking in the posting department...been back in a total knitting thing...working on a project with one of my handspuns...but doesn't look like anything yet so not worth photographing...

I've been bitten by the colorwork bug...been picking up some Alice Starmore books, prepping for my first serious foray into Fair Isle...but in the meantime, decided to practice stranded work with a quick, thicker-yarn project, so did up a quick hat pattern from Knitpicks using their Merino Style, which is a really nice 100% merino for the price...soft and squoogy...needs a hem, ends dealt with and some steaming but not a bad first attempt, I think...

Also started into my Christmas gift knitting...so can't say who it's for LOL won't even hint at the size (so don't ask!)...but it's fun to knit...well, was at least during this fun little fan lace bottom border...the rest is stockinette til I do the sleeves...pattern is Haiti by Dale of Norway, and I'm working it up in Valley Yarns Longmeadow which is a cushy cotton/microfibre blend...just a bit cooshier than the Svale the pattern calls for, so it's nicer on the hands as it has just a weeeee bit of give to it...

2 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey There,

That hat is sooooooooooooo kcute. And, how smart are you to start your Xmas knitting now. You are ahead of the game girlfriend. I can't wait to see what you're knitting with your handspun.

Necia

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Annie said...

Nice stuff! I need to start some presents, too. Maybe something for me, first.... ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home