Thursday, June 01, 2006

A little stash flashin and Bombshell progress

I totally missed the Flash Your Stash Day thing...so here's part (yes part...probably, oh, 2/3 maybe??) of my sock yarn stash...

Only put out 1 of each of the Koigus and Lorna's Laces to save space for the pic...plus have another box partially full that I didn't even dig into...

I do finally have socks on the needles again...snagged some of Sunshine Yarn's hand-dyed Gryffindor (yes, Harry Potter) sock yarn...self stripes divinely and perfectly for the Hogwarts look...

Bombshell...getting there...works up really fast and I haven't gone too mental with so much plain knitting round and round. What's really great about this pattern (and any pattern totally done in the round, is no sewing up at the end. The sweater is sort of an oxymoron though...it looks like a summer sweater, right? But the pattern calls for Lion & Lamb which is not a summer-weight yarn. The Karaoke I'm using is also not summery. So I think it's too warm for summer but it's short sleeved. Might make the sleeves more 3/4 length to make it more cool-weather wearable, plus never did care much for my upper arms...

Should be done by end of week regardless. I think my next cast-on will be the cute hoody also from Big Girl Knits, or a tank/cardigan set out of Elann's Sonata...something ACTUALLY summery. Gettin hot out there...

Oh, I'm ordered my Majacraft Rose today! Means I should have it sometime next week. Lookout spinners, here I come!

Cat picture of the day...from a professional sitting at a show, CH, GP Operakatz Griffelkin of Winterfrost (left) and GP, RW Operakatz Rusalka (right) This final shot came after some very very very BAD kitten behavior, resulting in photographer tipping over backwards in full-blown hysterical laughter...but finally, they behaved just long enough for 1 good shot...oh, they were 5 months old here...

5 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Ah....amazing stash!

 
At 2:17 AM, Blogger ICJ said...

WOW!!! That sure is a lot of sock yarn! LOL

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

The stash is awesome. The cats are gorgeous.
Harry Potter sock yarn? I had no idea!

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Uli said...

Hi Nancy,
Thanks for stopping by. That green sock yarn is Opal Handpaints. It really is very lovely. I just have too many socks on the needles right now and I so often defer to the simple stocking stitch socks when I need simple and quick knitting. They'll be finished.

I love your stash, too. So fun!!
Uli
http://www.ulisneedleworkworld.motime.com

 
At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your yarn stash. I relocated overseas and had to leave my stash behind. I am stranded with no yarn stash and only a handful of small projects left. When I done with them. What am I going to do?
ps. I need to get that Big Girl Knits book, awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home