Tuesday, January 30, 2007

You turn me right-round, baby, right-round

Since I'm stuck here spinning my wheels, I thought maybe a circular shawl would be a good idea...

From Victorian Lace Today, the Cap Shawl...doing it in Knitpicks Shadow, 100% merino in the Jewels Heather color. Had started the Large Rectangle from the same book in Jaggerspun Zephyr but just wasn't having any fun with it. Dunno if it was the back-and-forthness of it, or if I just wasn't enjoying the yarn on metal needles, or if the pattern was just boring or if it was because I had decided to do their "Easy" lace pattern to try out a knitted-on border for the first time so it wasn't really something I "wanted" to make...dunno...but I wasn't feelin it. The first 2/3 of this is not an "interesting" lace pattern but I'm already liking knitting it better, so there...pfffft!

5 Comments:

At 6:36 AM, Blogger knitwhit said...

Thank you so much for your kind comments. And while I believe shawls are in my future, at the moment I can't even manage a rib-knit scarf!

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! Good luck with this one!

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Annie said...

WOW!

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger kathy monahan said...

OT: We MISS you here at the Best Day Job In the World -- drop me an email? xoxo

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Khalila said...

When I saw this pattern I knew someday I would make it. I've never made a lace shawl before so it's a little nerve-wracking to think about. It's so big!

I also am in love with sock yarn and am totally jealous of your socks that rock box. What a good day to have something like that arrive. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home