Monday, January 07, 2008

Hit over the head by Ravelry

Erm. Yea. Well. Huh. Hard to believe I'm completed neglected my blog since I received my Ravelry invite. Guess I owe a long-overdue rapid update now that the holidays are behind us and 2008 has begun.

So, for a quick rundown of holiday knitting:

Here be Pirates hat out of Knitpicks Swish DK for my nephew:

Ice Queen snood/hood/neckwarmer thing out of Kidsilk Haze and beads for mom:

Foliage Hat out of Wollmeise for my SIL:

Pecan Pie Brioche beret for my niece out of Noro Kureyon and Wool of the Andes:


Didn't get pictures of anything else. Yes. I know. Bad knitter. Bad bad knitter.

The Brioche berets have turned out to be a wee bit addictive...finished another for myself:


and am 80% done with a third...Very entertaining, fairly quick and one feels awfully clever when they're done.
Actually finished a real live sweater for myself, the Mr. Greenjeans cardigan. Nice quick knit, Cascade 220 Handpaints, Alaskan Twilight colorway. Wonderfully cozy, easy to wear:


In fact, I liked knitting it so much I started another:

Note: The colors are much deeper and not at all garish in person. Not sure what the camera was smoking when that picture was taken.

Been having fun with Cat Bordhi's New Pathways for Sockknitters book:


(Aren't the 2 Bartholomew's Tantalizing Socks odd lookin? Especially off the blocker? Gotta say, they fit divinely despite being homely off the foot...)

Smaller-gauge variation of the Home & Hearth anklet:


Other random finished socks:

Summer of Love Lace socks from the Socks That Rock 2007 club (club pattern, used a different STR Lightweight, Blue Brick Wall):

Lenore, again from the STR Sock club:


On the needles with hopes of not-too-far-away finished:

Neiman pullover from knitty.com in a delish brown cashmere from Sarah's Yarns with aqua contrast in Jaggerspun Zephyr DK.

Moderne Log Cabin from Mason Dixon Knitting in Cascade 220 Superwash (this will be ongoing, I'm sure).

1 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Blogger fleegle said...

They are all beautiful knits, but the Brioche Beret left me gasping! Exquisite!

Doighan is ok, but I personally like Afly. Sounds so Britishly elegant!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home