Monday, April 17, 2006

Tigger, Tigger, who's got the Tigger?

Been taking a quick break from solid Clapotis knitting to work up a quick baby sweater for my new-ish 2nd cousin...she's 6 months so I wanted something that would be good for the fall...so am doing the Tigger pattern from knitty.com...had to find alternate yarn for the main color since the called-for yarn has been discontinued but I'm pleased with the result even after having to adjust for a smaller gauge (working the 4 yr old size to get the 2 yr old size measurements LOL)



Only have the other sleeve and other front to do then fun with blocking and sewing together...that means only have 1/3 of Mom's Clapotis and 1/2 my brother's sock to finish by next weekend as well...should be a piece of cake.

Unfortunately, stepping away from the sock thing has opened the floodgates and now I want to knit everything so my stash is growing at an uncontrollable rate and the thing about projects bigger than socks is that they take a whole lot more yarn so more cost and more space for all that yarn. But, it's keeping me out of trouble and I'm even starting on next Christmas' stuff already so hopefully will have a nice array of gifts if I can manage to not give them before the holidays...

I've also found that I can happily knit on the bus...I'm no longer driving into work so have a 30-40 min. bus ride and a 20 min. subway ride to fill up and although I love reading, I don't do well reading on moving vehicles...but I can knit!

1 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Blogger Annie said...

Hooray for knitting on public transportation! Adorable sweater, have fun feeding your new monster!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home