Sunday, February 11, 2007

How I knit

Wendy of Wendyknits posted today about how to cable without a cable needle and also showed her unique style of knitting. This got me thinking...how cool would it be for folks to show how they knit? I think many of us have been told at one time or another that we "knit wrong" regardless of the results being good. So, here's how I knit...I knit just like how I was taught as a small child. I never learned to thread the yarn around or through the fingers of my right hand to "tension" the yarn...I just feel the tension and my tension is very consistent. And it works for me.

If you have a digital camera, you might have the ability to shoot a short video...so, here's a shout-out...show us how YOU knit...

4 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, Blogger Annie said...

If I can manage to make a video and upload it, I will post my wacko way of knitting on my bloggy boo!

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Great idea! Unfortunately, my SLR camera won't do video. :( I may have to find a friend with a digital camera to help me make a video.

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well, I don't need to make a video. I still knit the way I learned as a child, and we must have had the same teacher--it works for me as well.

 
At 4:27 AM, Blogger Shrinkie said...

Lol, I knit exactly the same way as you, right down to the lack of 'formal' tensioning and I am always complimented on my 'perfectly' neat and even knitting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home