Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I have a stash

Oh yes, I've officially achieved stash. Yup. Including some yarn for no particular project whatsoever. Real stash. In fact, I may have run out of yarn to buy. I've had a field day between WEBS and Elann.com. I cannot resist a sale. Just not possible.

I've been too busy to blog because I've been buying yarn and knitting my fingers to nubs. Finished all the pieces of the Unplugged Cables sweater...now just have to block on my new blocking board (SALE SALE!!) then *shudder* sew it together...And I'm down to the waist ribbing on the Bombshell sweater from Big Girl Knits. Making it from loverly Karaoke from Southwest Trading, colorway Intensity. It's a lovely and less expensive alternative to Lorna's Laces Lion & Lamb...not quite a slippery but very soft and hits gauge almost identically so YAY.


Bad bad fellow knitters and fiber artists...bad BAD BAD...enablers, you all are! I've decided I must spin. MUST SPIN. It's soon bonus time at work, so I'm puttin some into a wheel...I think I've decided on the Majacraft Rose.

In the meantime, I've ordered a drop spindle, book and bits of fiber to play with although I'm told spinning on a wheel is a totally different beast and not to assume I stink as a spinner if I can't figure out drop-spindling...

Now I want fluff stash *sigh*

Random cat picture of the day (finally gonna start this...my cats are feeling neglected)

Boris...with Ru (left) and Rhapsody (his mom, right) looking bemused...or embarrassed...never sure...

1 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Blogger Annie said...

Yes, you have stash alrighty! Can't wait to see pictures of the soon-to-be sweater. Where did you get your blocking board? I need one.... (notice the word "need"? heh)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home