Friday, August 25, 2006

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice

Bits and bobs on the needles...

Got my wunnerful stash enhancement from Jamieson & Smith in the Shetlands...3 sweaters' worth of 2-ply jumper-weight Shetland wool. Had to immediately cast one on...Vaila Vest

from Ann Feitelson's The Art of Fair Isle Knitting. Great stuff...loving these colors...slogging through the corrugated ribbing...will go faster once I get to the actual pattern.

And yes, folks, there ARE socks on the needle...a couple pairs, actually...but most active are the Falling Leaves from Knitty.com in Fleece Artist Merino Sock, colorway Glacier.


Haiti from Dale of Norway Dalegarn 122 is coming along nicely as well...it's been my commuter project and is just a few rows away from starting the underarm shaping...

3 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Blogger Annie said...

Ooh ooh ooh! I have been wanting to make Falling leaves! Yours look fantastic! Lovely color choice. And that fair isle is something! Go Nancy, go Nancy!

 
At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Like Annie, I want to make Falling Leaves too. I can't believe I got sucked into loving socks! Hahhahahaha. Keep em coming.

Necia

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Love the colors on the vest, and the sock looks great too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home